Integrating clinical research into CDM. The 21 Century context: the born of a new Clinician?
We are up to finish the subject: “Linking CR, PCA and EBP”. This module include 2 lessons.
Linking CR, PCA and EBP: Lesson 2
We are to integrate the circle of the best Published and recommendation Research into our Decision making following the EBM approach, specifically the role of Clinical Research (TIP: You should refresh the 2 previous lessons of EBM). Tonelli´s paper will help you to understand better the meaning of “knowledge” and how to integrate the 4 different sources of knowledge coming from each circle, trying to make it as balanced and as oriented to the patient as possible, and her patient´s presentation. That means, for me, “clinical integration”, and is driven by your clinical reasoning skills.
And finally, together, we will pay attention to how the macro Context in which clinicians and their patients relate, is changing in this 21st century, which are the megatrends transforming this scenario, and how clinicians should change in order to fulfil better patients needs.
The resources and their timing, offers you two parallel tracks:
- One maintaining the face-to-face schedule
- Another for when I or you cannot connect at the established time or the technique fails
During the timetabled class slot, I will be connected to BB, but instead of just lecturing, I will also be dedicated to resolving queries and asking questions based on what was collected in the forum before the class. If the videoconference works, this period will be recorded so that it is accessible afterward for you. Otherwise, explanations are made through the chat or announcements.
If you dont have any queries, I invited you to use the same time to complete the lesson, having me connected, just in case they have any questions during the lesson.
After the lesson you are invited to contact with me F2F and participate on the forum lead to express your reflections and to check your understanding.
Meanwhile, do not hesitate to send me any questions.
- D1 15/04, 14:30-15:30
- D2 16/04, 14:30-15:30
PART 1: “Integrating clinical research into CDM”
- PARTICIPATE on the FORUM: share on the initial forum lead on BB before 15/04 14:00 (5′)
- READ: Read the key paper “Integrating clinical research into clinical decision making” Tonelli, 2011. (12′-20′)
- REFLECT: Use the “Reading guide doc” to help you with your reflections (20′-30′)
- FACE-TO-FACE SESSION: 15/04, 14:30-15:30. Use this time for one or both of these options: (55′)
- Do the 1st 3 tasks: Autonomous learning
- Catch up with me or other students to ask your questions, resolve doubts before or after the 3 initial tasks
- PARTICIPATE on the FORUM: share on the final forum lead on BB before 16/04 11:30 (10′-15′)
PART 2: “The 21 Century context: the born of a new Clinician?”
- WATCH: “Next Generation Physiotherapy“, Australian Physiotherapy Council (3′)
- PARTICIPATE on the FORUM: share on the initial forum lead on BB before 16/04 14:00 (5′)
- FACE-TO-FACE SESSION: 16/04, 14:30-15:30. Lecturing: (55′)
- Lecturing: “Evidence Implementation for clinicians in the 21CC”
- Catch up with me or other students to ask your questions, resolve doubts before or after the 2 initial tasks
- PARTICIPATE on the FORUM: share on the final forum lead on BB before 17/04 17:30 (20′-25′)
If you want to know more:
- take a look into my mind · Extracts from my PhD workbook: a critical appraisal of “Integrating clinical research into clinical decision making” Tonelli, M. R. (2011)
- read · Employment projections, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- observe · Seven visions of the future of healthcare, Health care predictions, Telegraph + Philips (2016)
When you face a crisis, you know who your true friends areE. Magic Johnson
#KeepCalm #KeepSafe #KeepInTouch #IStayAtHome